#8 overall resort in North America
- Ski Magazine 2012 Resort Survey
· Ski up to 14 days for the price of 8 *
· Lifts, grooming, terrain variety, on-mountain food, lodging and family programs all rank in the top 11 of US skier's surveys
· Snowmass doesn't have a downtown as such but Aspen is so close it really doesn't matter
· Ski in/ski out is pretty much what this resort is all about and the not insignificant fact that it makes up approx. two thirds of the total ski area
Snowmass virtues lie in it's ski in/ski out village, where most of the accommodations are etiher slopeside or a short walk away. The resort has undergone major investment leading to an expanded village experience which will suit the needs of most skiers - however, those people who have nightlige close to the top of their agenda, should stay in Aspen although the inter-village free ski shuttle runs all day and into the early hours.
Snowmass is the jewel in Aspen's crown with almost two thirds of the entire 4 mountains ski area located here. With mostly on slope accommodations, it is the ideal place for both families and those whose priority is go get on the slopes with minimum hassle! From some of the highest bowl skiing in North America to gentle tree lined slopes, there is truly something for everyone at Snowmass with all the runs leading back to the same base area. With a vertical drop of 4,406 feet, 3,132 acres of terrain, cruisers, glades and steeps, the sheer volume of Snowmass demands repeat visits. And it doesn't end there, the mid-mountain Elk Camp Meadows learning area accessed by the Elk Camp Gondola, the Snow Park Technologies terrain park and The Treehouse Kids' Adventure Center offer something for everyone.